Cleansing oils are now growing in popularity, even though it may seem counter-intuitive to use oil to clean something as delicate as your face. Cleansing oils can be more hydrating than traditional face washes because they (typically) don’t contain surfactants. Surfactants are used as detergents or foaming agents, and they can be harsh and drying to your skin. I do not use any in Spell products.
One fun fact is that oil dissolves oil, so when you use a cleansing oil you can effectively remove makeup and dirt and leave your skin clean and smooth.
I've been using oil to clean my face for years. As all of my products are oil-based, I have previously just grabbed a bottle of Soothe or Nourish and used it to clean off my makeup from the day and cleanse my face, before reapplying the same oil for hydration. This inspired me to create a new product that was specific for face cleansing called BALANCE: the Face Cleansing Oil. Here are the details on this new product:
Balance is a nutrient-rich face cleansing oil made from all organic ingredients that are loaded with essential fatty acids to hydrate skin while gently removing impurities from the skin.
Castor oil is from the bean of the castor plant, native to Africa. The essential fatty acids that castor oil contains help in restoring the skin's natural moisture balance. It is well known for breaking down impurities, and keeping the skin looking fresh and youthful.
Argan oil is a vitamin E- and fatty acid-loaded oil derived from trees native to Morocco. When applied to your face, argan oil may help protect against sun damage, hydrate, reduce signs of aging, and even help control oily skin.
Sweet almond oil is not only a powerful hydrator, but also an effective cleanser. It is extremely effective yet gentle at sweeping away impurities lodged within pores – helping to prevent build-up which may lead to breakouts.
These oils are infused with calendula flowers and rose buds and petals to add a luxurious finish to your face after cleansing.
Here's how to do it:
- Apply oil to your hands and rub hands together. (no need to remove makeup)
- Apply to face and neck and lovingly massage in for 30-60 seconds.
- (optional) add pinch of rice powder exfoliant (included in my face cleansing kit) to your hand with a few more drops of oil and gently massage face for 30 seconds more) a wonderfully soft and gentle way to deep clean and exfoliate!
- Use a soft washcloth or muslin face cloth (included in my face cleansing kit) with hot water to gently remove oil from face.
- That's it! Follow with hyaluronic serum + vitamin C and your face oil for a complete self love face ritual.
There is really no need to use harsh chemicals or ingredients you can't pronounce or eat. Mother nature has so much love and bounty for us to enjoy and use for our personal health. If you have any questions about oil cleansing, please contact me using the contact form.